Green Pond draw, Dinthill win

first_img Irwin 1 Green Pond 1 Maldon 0 St James 3 Knockalva 1 Frome 4 Lacovia 2 Maggotty 1 Munro 1 Newell 1 Cross Keys 1 Manchester 5 Belair 0 BB Coke 2 deCarteret 0 Mile Gully 1 Lennon 5 Thompson Town 0 Edwin Allen 3 Claude McKay 1 York Castle 0 Steer Town 0 Ocho Rios 0 Marcus Garvey 1 Brown’s Town 2 Aabuthnott Gallimore 1 Charlemont 2 Guy’s Hill 2 Dinthill 3 Bog Walk 1 Winston Jones 0 Denbigh 2 Porus High 0 Garvey Maceo 1 Foga Road 0 Glenmuir 3 Today’s games Robert Lightbourne vs Yallahs Paul Bogle vs St Thomas Tech Seaforth vs Morant Bay Kemps Hill vs Old Harbour Vere Tech. vs Tacius Golding Brimmervale vs St. Mary High St Mary Tech. vs Iona High Christiana vs May Day Alston vs Spalding Bellefield vs Holmwood Little London vs Grange Hill Maud McLeod vs Manning’s Godfrey Stewart vs Petersfield Herbert Morrison vs William Knibb Holland vs Spot Valley Muschett vs Cedric Titus Central vs Bustamante Fair Prospect vs Happy Grove Oracabessa vs Port Antonio Tacky High vs Horace Clarke High WESTERN BUREAU: A Heavy and persistent downpour made the Zone A ISSA-FLOW daCosta Cup football game between Irwin High and Green Pond at Irwin a wretched experience, but in the end the 1-1 draw, according to the coaches, was a fair result. The rain had caused the field to be in puddles in certain sections by the scheduled kick-off time approached, and to make matters worse, it also accounted for the late arrival of the referee’s assistants. When they did arrive, the decision was taken to play two halves of 40 minutes each, as kick-off was already 40 minutes late. Forward Evardo Chambers missed two chances, but scored Green Pond’s all-important goal in the 37th minute. With their new coach, the experienced Anthony ‘Follies’ Williams, pulling the strings, Irwin went all out for the equaliser. It came with seconds left, following a mad scramble inside the six-yard box, which resulted in the ball rolling over the goal line and the referee signalling goal, with Green Pond’s goalkeeper, Kemar Ogle, left writhing in pain. He was eventually substituted and the game eventually ended in a 1-1 draw. “This is a work in progress for us,” stated Irwin’s coach Williams. “It was a spirited performance from the players and the wet conditions didn’t make it any better for us.” He added: “There is potential here and we are taking it match by match to see how far we can actually go. But I am all night with this draw, which could have been worse for us.” For Daley, however, it was two points lost. “We should have won the game hands down. We missed several chances to easily secure three points. But I will take this,” he said. Meanwhile, St James High joined Cornwall College at the top of Zone A with three points, after their 3-0 victory over Maldon, who are in last place in the zone. In Zone K, last year’s beaten finalists, Dinthill Technical, began their campaign with a 3-1 win over Bog Walk. Yesterday’s resultslast_img read more

No arrest for biker’s murder as Police review CCTV footage

first_imgDead: Patrick Matthew FraserAs investigations continue into the gunning down of a 23-year-old biker, Patrick Matthew Fraser, at Norton Street, Bagotstown, East Bank Demerara, the police are yet to make an arrest.This was confirmed by A Division Commander, Marlon Chapman, who told Guyana Times that the crime scene detectives continue to process the crime scene and the bloodstained items that were removed from same.In addition, the police are also reviewing the CCTV footage that was retrieved. The police contended that the victim was reportedly in a yard with friends consuming alcohol when it was alleged that someone discharged two rounds at him.But Guyana Times had reported that the young man, who hailed from Republic Park, EBD, was hanging out with a group of friends during which an argument broke out among them and it was at this time that one of the men whipped out a handgun and discharged two rounds in Fraser’s direction, hitting him to the right side rib and the right upper leg.However, a police source had also told Guyana Times that the young man was known to persons in the area since he would visit his friends on a regular basis. He added that based on information gathered, the young man is not known to have enemies.As such, detectives are working on the theory that the young man might have been shot and killed by someone he knew.After the shooting, one of his friends, Alex Dwayne Doodnauth also called “Alli G” of Eccles, EBD, was interrogated whilst at the Diamond Hospital.During interrogation, he reportedly told detectives that on the night in question, he was close by and overheard persons in the area talking about a shooting and upon enquiring further, he was told that “Whiteboy get shoot”.He claimed that he immediately went to the crime scene where he saw the young man lying on the ground in a pool of blood and without hesitation, he picked him up and rushed him to the Diamond Diagnostic Centre to receive medical treatment but unfortunately, he succumbed while doing so. Doodnauth was expected to be further questioned by the police.Meanwhile, the police stated that although the young man was shot twice, they have only retrieved one .32 spent shell and one warhead. In addition, a pair of slippers and a bloodstained Polo hat were found at the scene.Meanwhile, when contacted, a relative informed Guyana Times that the family is not in a position to speak to the media. However, Guyana Times was told that the father of the dead man had warned him numerous times not to hang out with the “guys” in the “drugs block”. Patrick Fraser was described as a friendly young man who loved motorcycles.last_img read more